Woodlands Home opened in 1886 in South Preston as a domestic training school for selected girls from the Government Reformatory for Protestant Girls at Pentridge in Coburg. It had capacity for eight or nine girls. The objective of Woodlands was for the “better conducted girls” of the Reformatory to spend a few months there undergoing domestic training before the ends of their sentences. The closing date for Woodlands Home is currently unknown.
1886? - 1890s
Woodlands Home was located on Bell Street, South Preston, Victoria (Building Unknown)