The Welfare Section of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Government was the agency responsible for the welfare of children in the ACT from 1968, though the Section was established in 1957. Before 1968, child welfare in the ACT was the responsibility of the Child Welfare Department of the New South Wales Government. In 1970 the Welfare Section, ACT was renamed the Welfare Branch, ACT.
The Welfare Section of the Australian Capital Territory was, for most of its history, part of the Australian Capital Territory Services Division of the Department of Interior. However, from 1964-1966 it was part of the Central Office Facilities Branch, and from 1968-1966 it was part of the Territories Division.