The Theresian Holiday Home, also known as Liseux, was opened at Padstow Park in 1938. It was run by the Theresian Club, an organisation of Catholic women closely associated with the Sisters of Charity. The Home provided short holidays in a bushland setting for disadvantaged children from Sydney. Children between the ages of three and ten years old from any denomination were accepted at the Home. The Home had capacity for up to 16 children at a time. In 1965 the Theresian Holiday Home moved to Edgecliff and was renamed the Theresian Emergency Centre.