The Sisters of Sion first provided educational services in Victoria in 1890, in Gippsland. (In 1887, the first Catholic Bishop of Sale, Bishop Corbett, had travelled to Europe and returned with seven Sisters of Notre Dame and five priests.) The Sisters ran parish schools and boarding schools in towns including Sale, Bairnsdale and Warragul. The Our Lady of Sion Orphanage in Sale was located with a school.
Sisters of Our Lady of Sion
Sisters of Notre Dame de Sion