• Organisation

Pakenham Boys' Home

Details

The Pakenham Boys’ Home was run by the Salvation Army between 1895-1897 on Army Road, Pakenham. The first boys at the Pakenham Boys’ Home were moved there from the Salvation Army’s Heidelberg Boys’ Home, which closed in 1895. In 1897 the decision was made to transfer the Boys’ Home to The Basin, where it became known as the Bayswater Boys’ Home. The Pakenham site was then used as the Pakenham Girls’ Reformatory.

Locations

  • 1895 - 1897

    The Pakenham Boys' Home was located in Army Road, Pakenham, Victoria (Building Unknown)

Chronology

Contact Find & Connect

Save page