• Organisation

Olinda Farm Reformatory

Details

Olinda Farm Reformatory was established by Max and Louisa Brown in 1893. It was a training farm for up to six boys in South Wandin (now known as Silvan), near Lilydale. It was in operation for less than a decade and closed in around 1900.

Olinda Farm Reformatory was a training farm for up to six boys located in South Wandin (now known as Silvan), three miles from Lilydale.

Olinda was in operation for less than a decade, and throughout its entire existence was operated by Max and Louisa Brown.

It was run on a ‘family-like’ model where everyone, including the Browns, was required to contribute to the farm work.

Locations

  • 1893 - c. 1900

    The Olinda Farm Reformatory was located at South Wandin (later known as Silvan), near Lilydale, Victoria (Building Unknown)

Contact Find & Connect

Save page