• Organisation

Butler House for Homeless Girls

Details

Butler House for Homeless Girls, Carlton, was established by the Mission of St James in 1934 at 97 Drummond Street, Carlton. It was intended for ‘homeless and friendless girls’, especially young women from Fairhaven and Kedesh Maternity Home. Butler House for Homeless Girls had closed by 1944, at which time the building was being used as a hostel for the Education Department.

Locations

  • 1934 - 1940s

    Butler House for Homeless Girls was located at 97 Drummond Street, Carlton, Victoria (Building Still standing)

Contact Find & Connect

Save page