• Organisation

Brunswick Girls' Home

Details

The Brunswick Girls’ Home was established by the Salvation Army in 1892. It was situated in Albion Street, Brunswick. In 1897 some girls from the home were transferred to the newly opened Pakenham Girls’ Reformatory. The Brunswick Girls’ Home closed in 1902, with some girls being transferred to the Glenroy Girls’ Home, and others being transferred to the Riddel’s Creek Girl’s Home.

  • Alternative Names

    Albion Protestant Reformatory for Girls

    Salvation Army Protestant Reformatory for Girls

    Albion House

  • From

    1892

  • To

    1902

Locations

  • 1892 - 1902

    The Brunswick Girls' Home was located in Albion Street, Brunswick, Victoria (Building Demolished)

Image

Contact Find & Connect

Save page