• Organisation

Blamey House

Details

Blamey House, in Willsmere Road, Kew, was run by Melbourne Legacy. Until 1977, the Home had been known as Harelands. It provided accommodation for boys aged 13 years and older, who were children of deceased service personnel. It closed in 1980.

Blamey House (1977-1980) was in Willsmere Road, Kew. The property had previously been a Legacy Home called Harelands (1952-1977).

Note that Melbourne Legacy ran a number of Homes called Blamey House. There was a Blamey House in Black Rock from 1949 to 1956, and in Burke Road, Kew from 1956 to 1977. The Kew Blamey House had previously been known as Holmbush (1942-1956).

By 1977, Blamey House in Kew was the only Legacy Home still in existence in Victoria, as the requirement for accommodation in Legacy houses had decreased in the 1960s and 1970s.

  • From

    1977

  • To

    1980

Locations

  • 1977 - 1980

    Blamey House was situated at 5 Willsmere Road, Kew, Victoria (Building Still standing)

Chronology

Image

Contact Find & Connect

Save page