• Organisation

Ballarat Town and City Mission

Details

The Ballarat Town and City Mission was founded in 1867. The Ballarat Town and City Mission ran a number of Homes for children and babies, including, from around 1921 until 1974, the Alexandra Babies’ Home. Some records of the Mission and its charitable institutions are held by the Central Highlands Regional Library Corporation.

In 1921, the Ballarat Town and City Mission took over the management of the newly amalgamated Ballarat Female Refuge and the Alexandra Babies’ Home. The Mission moved all of the women and children in its care to a site at 183 Scotts Parade, Ballarat East. The new institution, providing accommodation for single mothers and their babies, was known as the Ballarat Town and City Mission Rescue and Children’s Home.

  • From

    1867

  • To

    1974?

  • Alternative Names

    Ballarat United Town Mission

    Ballarat Town Mission

Image

Contact Find & Connect

Save page